Snared Red fox

We don’t need to tell anyone how deadly and dangerous snares are for all animals , both wild and domestic.. This beautiful male red fox got caught in an improperly and illegally set snare trap. The wire cut deep into his neck as he ran with the device until the stake got snagged on a fence.  He was discovered by a homeowner who called for help.  the wire was cut off of his neck, but not before significant damage was done.  Though the fox was free of the wire, it had dug so deeply into his neck that nerve damage affected not only his eye, but his trachea. Because of the nature of this damage, he had to be humanely euthanized.  Did you know that there is a bill currently being sponsored  by the trapping associations to legalize these horrific snares in New York?  What a step back this would be.